Advice for to Switzerland March 24 to April 4

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 16:35:17 #810608

Hi All,

I know it will be not the best time of the year but Its my dream to visit Swiss and finally March 24 to April 7th is the only favorable time for us. Its so confusing from where and how to start. We are a family of four that is me ..my hubby and two kids (4 & 10 ) . Planning to stay in Montreux and Interlaken so that we get to see both sides. Could you all suggest the best places to visit so that i will be able to plan accordingly.

Secondly want to know about the accommodation since we will be coming to sleep and the majority hours will be travelling what is the best and reasonable family friendly places to stay in Montreux and Interlaken.

Looking forward to hear from experts ….lastly its my daughters dream to see snow …hope that will be succesful

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 17:25:28 #858174

Hi Shai77 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Its great that you are finally able to plan your trip to Switzerland!

To help start your planning here are a few pages to get you going:
    Plan your trip
    About Switzerland (including weather information)

Here are pages with information on what to see and do in and around: Montreux and Interlaken. These links also include hotel details on each town for you to browse and book if you choose. I haven’t stayed overnight at either town so I can’t offer personal advice there.

You will certainly see snow in late March and April in the higher elevations (winter usually last until May up a the top of the world) and there are many to choose from! Take a look here to help you decide what mountains and natural sites you may like to see on your trip. In fact you may see snow in the towns as well in late March – you just never know.

I hope this helps get you started. Please let me know if you have further questions or need more advice!

Regards
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 3:48:54 #858175

Thanks a lot Lucas. Definitely will go through the links and let me see. Well one more question is these to places good a s base or do you have any other suggestions ? I heard Montreux is best during this time and I cant miss to see Jungfrau region ..

looking forward to hear from you

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 January 2017 at 13:50:54 #858176

Hello Shai77,

Both towns are a good base. Interlaken itself isn’t particularly scenic, but it’s a practical base to easily travel around the region (see the Interlaken page Lucas linked to). If you prefer to stay in the mountains there are several villages in the Jungfrau region that qualify. If ski season has ended when you are there those towns might be a bit quiet and some hotels will be closed until early summer.

• The thread ‘Advice for to Switzerland March 24 to April 4’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.