Advice for planned June trip to Wengen from Geneva

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ckfchong
ckfchong
12 posts
Jun 19, 2018 - 4:50 PM

Hi there,

I'll be arriving on Sunday (24/6) at Geneva airport and start my Swiss trip.

Itinerary:

Sunday: from geneva airport - Golden Pass Route - Interlaken - Wengen (Overnight at Wengen)

Monday: from Wengen to Schilthorn (up by Stechelberg route and down by Grutschalp route) and overnight at Wengen again

Tuesday: from Wengen - Interlaken - Golden Pass route - Geneva (Overnight at Geneva)

After calculating:

My train trip from Geneva Airport - Wengen and back to Geneva = CHF 82.20

My train-cable car trip to/from Schilthorn = CHF63.40

Advice needed:

1. Is there any other interesting places I could insert for my trip? I'd booked accommodation 2 nights at Wengen and final night at Geneva.

2. Is my calculation correct? If it is, I'd prefer to purchase point-to-point ticket, over the Swiss Travel Pass.

3. How convenient it is to buy the point to point ticket, especially when I need to take bus, such as from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg Schilthirnbahn?

Thanks,

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2018 - 6:15 AM in reply to ckfchong

Hi Ckfchong,

1. For ideas near Wengen look here, there are a lot of hiking and mountain trips available: https://www.myswissalp s.com/wengen/activitie s
  2. Round trip from Lauterbrunnen is 105chf
  3. You shouldn't have any issue buying a ticket at Wengen for the whole trip to Schilthorn. You can then show the bus driver your ticket.
Last modified on Jun 20, 2018 - 6:29 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019