Advice for planned June trip to Wengen from Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 16:50:26 #816750

Hi there,

I’ll be arriving on Sunday (24/6) at Geneva airport and start my Swiss trip.

Itinerary:

Sunday: from geneva airport – Golden Pass Route – Interlaken – Wengen (Overnight at Wengen)

Monday: from Wengen to Schilthorn (up by Stechelberg route and down by Grutschalp route) and overnight at Wengen again

Tuesday: from Wengen – Interlaken – Golden Pass route – Geneva (Overnight at Geneva)

After calculating:

My train trip from Geneva Airport – Wengen and back to Geneva = CHF 82.20

My train-cable car trip to/from Schilthorn = CHF63.40

Advice needed:

1. Is there any other interesting places I could insert for my trip? I’d booked accommodation 2 nights at Wengen and final night at Geneva.

2. Is my calculation correct? If it is, I’d prefer to purchase point-to-point ticket, over the Swiss Travel Pass.

3. How convenient it is to buy the point to point ticket, especially when I need to take bus, such as from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg Schilthirnbahn?

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 6:15:52 #888810

Hi Ckfchong,

1. For ideas near Wengen look here, there are a lot of hiking and mountain trips available: https://www.myswissalp s.com/wengen/activitie s
    2. Round trip from Lauterbrunnen is 105chf
    3. You shouldn’t have any issue buying a ticket at Wengen for the whole trip to Schilthorn. You can then show the bus driver your ticket.
  • The thread ‘Advice for planned June trip to Wengen from Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.