Mar 9, 2011 - 8:57 PM
Hello, we have planned to travel 26 may to 14 jun to quite a few places in europe, we are quite confused over which is the best cost effective pass to get, hope you can help and also not quite sure what the pass covers...
We plan to travel from London, Paris, to Swiss (mainly to cover Interlaken - Jungfraujoch area; Zermatt, Zurich - Rhinefalls) before heading to Innsbruck then Italy (Venice, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Siena, Orvieto then ending at Rome)
- We need help to plan the best route to take from Paris to the places in Swiss (eg to go Geneva to Zermatt to Interlaken to ZUrich; or Bern to Interlaken to Zermatt to Zurich, etc) then to Innsbruck - whether we should take eurail savers pass or saver pass + swiss pass (not knowing if it can cover france, austria, italy with swiss pass in the between of the journey)
- Whats the best passes to get for our journey? we would like to know how much we have to spend (with all the extras to the mountain... and rails that dont cover before deciding)
our rough itinerary:
Day 1 Arrive London pm
Day 2 London City
Day 3 London City or Day Tour
Day 4 to Paris (via Eurostar? any discounts ?)
Day 5 Paris City
Day 6 Eurodisney
Day 7 to Swiss : from Paris to Geneva then to Zermatt?
Day 8 Zermatt - Matterhorn (does Eurail pass or Swiss pass covers or additional $$)
Day 9 to Interlaken (via Visp & Bern? , should we stop at Bern for walk? - which area to stay?
Day 10 Jungfraujoch Tour
Day 11 to to Zurich - Schwahausen : Rhinefalls then to Innsbruck (arrive in evening....) but apparently no reservation only 3 per day, we are afriad that if we miss the 1640 train, we may have to arrive there at midnight.. how would we check in??
Day 12 Innsbruck - Mountain Excursion & Activities
Day 13 Innsbruck to Venice
Day 14 Venice to Florence (late evening)
Day 15 Florence
Day 16 Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre to Florence (Left luggage???)
Day 17 Florence to Siena to Orivieto
Day 18 Orvieto to Rome
Day 19 Rome
Day 20 Rome to Singapore night flight
We cant quite understand how to calculate the travel days, can you help? we have 2 adults and 1 child 9 years old travelling.... if we should get multi country pass, how many days of travel days is that, and what are the additional cost we need to pay for those not within the eurail eg, to Zermatt?? to Jungfrajoch area?? and what abt austria mountain rails?
Also if we only get swiss pass & italy pass, the other journey just single ticket , can you advise advise if we must purchase
1.London to Paris (Eurostar);
2. Paris to Swiss; (does Swiss Pass cover border travel?)
3. Swiss to Innsbruck(does Swiss Pass cover border travel?)
4. Innsbruck to Venice (does Italy Pass cover border travel?)
Also after ordering the pass, where is the best and safe website to make reservations?
Appreciate your kind and valuable advise.... we hope you can shed light to our confusion. I have also attached a simple planning...