2 day itinerary in Wengen mid September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 4:01:25 #816341

Hello, my husband and I are going to be in Wengen for 3 nights and 2 full days in mid September 2018. I’d like to get some advice/tips on our two days itineray there. We are flying into and out of Zurich. We would like to visit Jungfraujoch which I know will take mostly the entire day. We also like to fit in some hiking and do paragliding as well on the other day. Is that possible to do in our two full days there?

Possible itinerary:

Day 1: Junfraujoch top of europe train station (depending on weather)

Day 2: Hiking and paragliding

Here are some questions I would like to get more info on as well.

1. which is the best train pass we should get that will get us from Zurich to Wengen and to get around Wengen, such as going to Jungfraujoch top of Europe train station, and to nearby areas if we like to do some hiking

2. What are some easy/moderate hikes we can do that has nice scenic view?

3. Which hike can we do that will be convenient that will be nearby the paragliding area as well?

4. How many hikes can we fit in one day along with paragliding?

5. Is there anything else we can do on our two days in Wengen besides hiking, paragliding, Jungfraujoch?

Thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 9:07:48 #886893

Hi Roxyquilk and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. To know which pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. 🙂

For simplicity I would look at the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days. https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass or are you in Switzerland longer then just the Wengen portion?

2. I’d look at the Panoramic trail from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg (you can do this on your Jungfraujoch trip) or First to Bachalpsee.
    3. This depends on where you end up going paragliding. There is an option near Lauterbrunnen here & another in Beatenberg here.
    4. I would consider the paragliding a 1/2 day activity and then it will depend on the time during the day you go up. If it is in the middle of the day that curtails a few hiking options.
    5. Here is a list of activities to do around Wengen: https://www.myswissalp s.com/wengen/activitie s

• The thread ‘2 day itinerary in Wengen mid September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.