Advice on rail pass for 6 day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2017 at 10:59:39 #810633

Hello, i enter switzerland from lugano on 19th may. Will overnite in lugano in 19th and overnite in lucerne for 2 nites and interlaken for 2 nites. On 24th i will exit switzerland from geneva. Can anyone advise the best train pass i should purchase during my stay of 6 days 5 nites?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2017 at 12:22:28 #858333

Hi Analisha and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It will depend a little on how much train travel you plan to do other than getting from Lugano to Luzern (local German spelling), Interlaken and Geneva. A Swiss Travel Pass for 4 or 8 days could work well for you if you plan to do several other day trips during your stay (they also cover local transport).

Another alternative is the Swiss Half-fare Card which gives 50% all train travel while in Switzerland and could be worth the purchase cost depending on how many trips you will take.

Take a look at our how to choose the best Swiss rail pass page for help in choosing.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Advice on rail pass for 6 day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.