Rail pass for Engelberg, Zermatt, Basel 4 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
benedict
benedict
10 posts
Nov 26, 2017 - 9:33 AM

Hi, Appreciate if you could advise on which pass to get. I am visiting switzerland with the following itinerary in the below order.

1) Arrive Zurich and head straight to Luzern

2) Luzern to Engleberg (staying 2 nights)

3) Engleberg to Zermatt (staying 2 nights)

4) Zermatt to Basel

I am deciding between the 4 day flexi pass and the 4 day consecutive pass. In Englebert and Zermatt, I would like to utilise the pass to take cablecars / gondolas etc so I'm abit puzzled as to which one I should go for since Zurich to Luzern and Luzern to Engleberg are relatively short distances, I could pay for these separately and utilise the pass in Engleberg for the cable car then Englebert to Zermat and then Zermat to Basel. So, would the 4 day flex make more sense?

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Nov 26, 2017 - 10:52 AM in reply to benedict

Hi benedict,

You will have to check prices and do the math to know which pass is best for you. We have a web page here "how to choose the best rail pass" that has spreadsheet to help you.

I would think the better price point would be buying point to point tickets & the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019