Rail pass for Engelberg, Zermatt, Basel 4 days

Rail pass for Engelberg, Zermatt, Basel 4 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
benedict
benedict
10 posts
Nov 26, 2017 - 9:33 AM

Hi, Appreciate if you could advise on which pass to get. I am visiting switzerland with the following itinerary in the below order.

1) Arrive Zurich and head straight to Luzern

2) Luzern to Engleberg (staying 2 nights)

3) Engleberg to Zermatt (staying 2 nights)

4) Zermatt to Basel

I am deciding between the 4 day flexi pass and the 4 day consecutive pass. In Englebert and Zermatt, I would like to utilise the pass to take cablecars / gondolas etc so I'm abit puzzled as to which one I should go for since Zurich to Luzern and Luzern to Engleberg are relatively short distances, I could pay for these separately and utilise the pass in Engleberg for the cable car then Englebert to Zermat and then Zermat to Basel. So, would the 4 day flex make more sense?

Lucas
Lucas
5603 posts
expert &
Nov 26, 2017 - 10:52 AM in reply to benedict

Hi benedict,

You will have to check prices and do the math to know which pass is best for you. We have a web page here "how to choose the best rail pass" that has spreadsheet to help you.

I would think the better price point would be buying point to point tickets & the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018