Weather advice regarding Schilthorn/Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 3
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
8 posts
new member
Jul 13, 2018 - 3:46 PM


I have planned for my brothers and I to make a trip up to Schilthorn on Sunday (15july). However, based on the weather forecasts, there seems to be chance of rain/storm.

Would it still be advisable to make that trip on Sunday? How accurate are the forecasts? Would it be better for us to make our way to Schilthorn from Zugtomorrow (14July) instead, since we will be moving from Zug to Interlaken tomorrow anyway? Initially intended to visit Bern before going to our accomodation in Interlaken and then taking a Lake Brienz/Lake Thun boat ride in the late afternoon. But now i am wondering how to best shuffle my itinerary.

Would appreciate any advice on how I should arrange my trip for the opportunity to see Schilthorn as ae are leaving Interlaken on 16july! Thank you very much!!

10385 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2018 - 7:13 PM in reply to iaywml

Hi iaywml,

The weather does look better indeed for tomorrow. However, the weather does only look rainy on Sunday afternoon though and if you can go first thing in the morning Sunday you should be ok. en/Infos/Live

8 posts
new member
Jul 13, 2018 - 7:49 PM in reply to Lucas

Hmm, alright I guess we will stick with Sunday and make it a morning trip then! Thank you very much (:

More on

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© 2002-2019