Weather advice regarding Schilthorn/Interlaken

• iaywml
    Participant
    8 posts
    13 July 2018 at 15:46:29 #817251

Hello!

I have planned for my brothers and I to make a trip up to Schilthorn on Sunday (15july). However, based on the weather forecasts, there seems to be chance of rain/storm.

Would it still be advisable to make that trip on Sunday? How accurate are the forecasts? Would it be better for us to make our way to Schilthorn from Zugtomorrow (14July) instead, since we will be moving from Zug to Interlaken tomorrow anyway? Initially intended to visit Bern before going to our accomodation in Interlaken and then taking a Lake Brienz/Lake Thun boat ride in the late afternoon. But now i am wondering how to best shuffle my itinerary.

Would appreciate any advice on how I should arrange my trip for the opportunity to see Schilthorn as ae are leaving Interlaken on 16july! Thank you very much!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 19:13:14 #891302

Hi iaywml,

The weather does look better indeed for tomorrow. However, the weather does only look rainy on Sunday afternoon though and if you can go first thing in the morning Sunday you should be ok.

https://schilthorn.ch/ en/Infos/Live

iaywml
    Participant
    8 posts
    13 July 2018 at 19:49:03 #891303

Hmm, alright I guess we will stick with Sunday and make it a morning trip then! Thank you very much (:

• The thread ‘Weather advice regarding Schilthorn/Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.