Advice for 14d itinerary & St. Moritz worth it?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ngb
ngb
1 post
Jun 10, 2018 - 4:58 AM

thanks for your very useful website, and all the forum discussions. I would appreicate I could get some tips on my tentative itinerary. Traveling as family of 4 (includes ~4yr old kid, and 65+ grandparent).

Day1 - Arrival Zurich~8.30pm. Train to and night in Lucerne

Day2 - Mt. Pilatus Golden Roundtrip + wooden bridge. Night in Lucerne

Day3 - Mt. Rigi (boat + cog rail + cable car). Night in Lucerne

Day4- Checkout Lucerne, and train to St. Moritz (4h+). Night St. Moritz / Engadin (need recommendations)

Day5- St. Moritz / Engadin sightseeing (any tips?). Night St. Moritz / Engadin (need recommendations)

Day6- Glacier Express St. Mortiz -> Zermatt (8hr). Night in Zermatt

Day7- Gornergrat Train or Schwarzsee cable car? Night in Zermatt

Day8- Train to Montreaux (2.5hr). Castle of Chillon + Rochers de Naye. Night in Montreaux

Day9- Daytrip: Gruyeres (cheese fact), Broc (choco factory), Bulle. Finish & overnight in Montreaux

Day10- Montreaux to Interlaken – Golden Pass Line (~3hr). Train to & overnight in Lauternbrunnen (same residence now onward)

Day11- Jungfrau region, Aletsch Glacier. Overnight Ltbrn

Day12- Wengen, SPHINX observatory , Grindelwald. Overnight Ltbrn

Day13- Schilthron, Murren. Overnight Ltbrn

Day14- Morning checkout & train to Zurich airport. Outbound flight ~3pm

I am still unsure regarding doing the full 8hr GEExp journey, is there any suggestions to either break it up, or skip any section. I including 2nts in St. Moritz region, just to be able to do the GEExp ride, I do not have much in plans for the region otherwise.

thanks in advance, NGB.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 8:13 AM in reply to ngb

Hi ngb and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Day 4/5: Have a look at our St. Moritz page for help. There is a "what to do" tab for activity suggestions and a "Hotel" tab for hotel suggestions for different budgets.

Day 8: Get an early start if you want to spend a few hours at each attraction (which you probably do).

Day 11: The Aletsch Glacier isn't reached near Lauterbrunnen - it is quite a trip as you need to get down to Bettmeralp near Brig for best views: https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/riederalp -aletschwald-bettmeralp

I think St. Moritz and the region (Graubünden) (https://www.myswissalp s.com/graubunden) is a nice one but if the area isn't of interest to you; you could travel from Luzern to Göschenen following the Gotthard Panoramic Express route and then train to Zermtt following that part of the Glacier Express route.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019