Advice for 14d itinerary & St. Moritz worth it?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 4:58:55 #816550

thanks for your very useful website, and all the forum discussions. I would appreicate I could get some tips on my tentative itinerary. Traveling as family of 4 (includes ~4yr old kid, and 65+ grandparent).

Day1 – Arrival Zurich~8.30pm. Train to and night in Lucerne

Day2 – Mt. Pilatus Golden Roundtrip + wooden bridge. Night in Lucerne

Day3 – Mt. Rigi (boat + cog rail + cable car). Night in Lucerne

Day4- Checkout Lucerne, and train to St. Moritz (4h+). Night St. Moritz / Engadin (need recommendations)

Day5- St. Moritz / Engadin sightseeing (any tips?). Night St. Moritz / Engadin (need recommendations)

Day6- Glacier Express St. Mortiz -> Zermatt (8hr). Night in Zermatt

Day7- Gornergrat Train or Schwarzsee cable car? Night in Zermatt

Day8- Train to Montreaux (2.5hr). Castle of Chillon + Rochers de Naye. Night in Montreaux

Day9- Daytrip: Gruyeres (cheese fact), Broc (choco factory), Bulle. Finish & overnight in Montreaux

Day10- Montreaux to Interlaken – Golden Pass Line (~3hr). Train to & overnight in Lauternbrunnen (same residence now onward)

Day11- Jungfrau region, Aletsch Glacier. Overnight Ltbrn

Day12- Wengen, SPHINX observatory , Grindelwald. Overnight Ltbrn

Day13- Schilthron, Murren. Overnight Ltbrn

Day14- Morning checkout & train to Zurich airport. Outbound flight ~3pm

I am still unsure regarding doing the full 8hr GEExp journey, is there any suggestions to either break it up, or skip any section. I including 2nts in St. Moritz region, just to be able to do the GEExp ride, I do not have much in plans for the region otherwise.

thanks in advance, NGB.

• The thread ‘Advice for 14d itinerary & St. Moritz worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.