Advice for 14d itinerary & St. Moritz worth it?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ngb
ngb
1 post
Jun 10, 2018 - 4:58 AM

thanks for your very useful website, and all the forum discussions. I would appreicate I could get some tips on my tentative itinerary. Traveling as family of 4 (includes ~4yr old kid, and 65+ grandparent).

Day1 - Arrival Zurich~8.30pm. Train to and night in Lucerne

Day2 - Mt. Pilatus Golden Roundtrip + wooden bridge. Night in Lucerne

Day3 - Mt. Rigi (boat + cog rail + cable car). Night in Lucerne

Day4- Checkout Lucerne, and train to St. Moritz (4h+). Night St. Moritz / Engadin (need recommendations)

Day5- St. Moritz / Engadin sightseeing (any tips?). Night St. Moritz / Engadin (need recommendations)

Day6- Glacier Express St. Mortiz -> Zermatt (8hr). Night in Zermatt

Day7- Gornergrat Train or Schwarzsee cable car? Night in Zermatt

Day8- Train to Montreaux (2.5hr). Castle of Chillon + Rochers de Naye. Night in Montreaux

Day9- Daytrip: Gruyeres (cheese fact), Broc (choco factory), Bulle. Finish & overnight in Montreaux

Day10- Montreaux to Interlaken – Golden Pass Line (~3hr). Train to & overnight in Lauternbrunnen (same residence now onward)

Day11- Jungfrau region, Aletsch Glacier. Overnight Ltbrn

Day12- Wengen, SPHINX observatory , Grindelwald. Overnight Ltbrn

Day13- Schilthron, Murren. Overnight Ltbrn

Day14- Morning checkout & train to Zurich airport. Outbound flight ~3pm

I am still unsure regarding doing the full 8hr GEExp journey, is there any suggestions to either break it up, or skip any section. I including 2nts in St. Moritz region, just to be able to do the GEExp ride, I do not have much in plans for the region otherwise.

thanks in advance, NGB.

Lucas
Lucas
9868 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2018 - 8:13 AM in reply to ngb

Hi ngb and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Day 4/5: Have a look at our St. Moritz page for help. There is a "what to do" tab for activity suggestions and a "Hotel" tab for hotel suggestions for different budgets.

Day 8: Get an early start if you want to spend a few hours at each attraction (which you probably do).

Day 11: The Aletsch Glacier isn't reached near Lauterbrunnen - it is quite a trip as you need to get down to Bettmeralp near Brig for best views: https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/riederalp -aletschwald-bettmeralp

I think St. Moritz and the region (Graubünden) (https://www.myswissalp s.com/graubunden) is a nice one but if the area isn't of interest to you; you could travel from Luzern to Göschenen following the Gotthard Panoramic Express route and then train to Zermtt following that part of the Glacier Express route.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018