Advice for best nature itinerary in July no hiking

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 10:02:27 #811342

Hi All,

Please I am planning to come to Switzerland from Paris for 5 days from July 3 to July 7. After that I will go to the north of Italy. Accordingly, I want to prepare my itinerary to be close as much as possible to north of Italy. what is your recommendation for 5 days trip from Paris and ending in Como in Italy. Kindly note that i want to visit Lugano ( for me its a must) and how to travel internally .Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 12:40:50 #861222

Hi Dinahassan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We don’t create itineraries here; I think your first step is to decide what attractions in Switzerland you want to see and then decide on where to stay. no city in Switzerland is more than 3-4 hours from northern Italy so you are never too far :).

Have a look at our “What to do” in Switzerland page to help you with your plans. Are you interested in seeing the Alps and take some excursions up into the mountains? If that is the case you want to focus on the Bernese Oberland region. If you are just looking to visit local towns have a look through our “where to go” to help you with that as well. The towns in southern Switzerland, such as Lugano, Locarno, Bellinzona and Zermatt are closest to Italy.

Once you have a rough idea of your plans/itinerary please post it here and we can give you some feedback as to whether it can work or if you should alter plans at all.

Cheers!
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 14:03:39 #861223

Thank you for your reply,

I m searching for beautiful nature.. I m not interested in Hiking.i prefer walking or boat trip so I m thinking to organize my trip as follows:

Day 1: from Paris to Geneve ( spend one night in Geneve )

Day 2: Montreaux (since its close to Geneve) probably I can sleep in Geneve for day 1 and 2 ( depending on the cheapest accommodation)

Day 3:Montreaux to Luncerne ( night in luncerne)

Day 4: Interlaken ( sleep there optional

Day 5L Lugano and then sleep for 2 nights (one night lugano and the other for Como)

Can you tell me your feedback on this itinerary.. appreciate your help

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 6:56:54 #861224

Hi Dina,

Yes, that’s a good itinerary as far as not wandering back and forth through Switzerland – which is good! You also don’t have too long on a train between these towns.

I think Montreux and Luzern will have the most things for you to do and see (and are very nice towns) so you may want to spend more nights in those towns. Have a look into the links for the towns above and you can find a list of recommended attractions and activities near these towns. We also have links for recommended hotels there as well.

Here are links for Geneva and Interlaken to help you decide whether those are towns you should spend time in as well.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know. Are you planning on buying a Swiss rail pass? If so you may be interested in the Swiss Travel Pass to cover most/all of your planned train and boats trips.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Advice for best nature itinerary in July no hiking’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.