Advise required for 4 days stay in interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2012 at 15:11:37 #805550

Dear team,
    I have few queries, thanks to address this
    1)Question regarding travelling:
    As my daughter aged 6 years travels with me, must be free of cost if i have the Family card.
    a)for that i need the Swiss Travel System Family Card. Where will i get that family card ??
    b) can i get e-ticket and also the Family card online ? because it is mentioned in swissrailways.com that they normally
    departure 2 to 3 weeks before departure;
    but in my case i leave on 29th August. That is why i’m asking for E-ticket and Family card online
    c)my stay would be from 29/08 till 01/09 at Interlaken, is it advisable to go for Swiss card
    d)also in swiss card it is mentioned that Children without STS Family card, can you explain that ?
    e) I have already booked a ticket from Paris Gare de lyon till BALE CFF, as i would be staying Interlaken west, also not
    booked the ticket from BALE CFF to interlaken west, can i book the tickets online for e-tickets or i can buy at the BALE CFF
    station ??
    f) how often the trains are there from BALE CFF to interlaken west?
    d)in case i book online, if i own the Swiss card, my ticket would be free of cost, where should i book that free tickets ?
    can i have the internet address link ??

2)QUESTION regarding stay :
    I assume that i have to take a bus/train from Interlaken west to reach beatenberg village,
    a) at which stop i have to get down ??

b)The cable car ride leaves from beatenberg to niederhorn peak with one stop at vorsass, i guess that i have to buy two
    different tickets, that is one from beatenberg upto vorsass and another ticket from vorsass upto niederhorn.
    – is it correct ??
    – do i have to book a ticket for the cable car in advance or i can buy at beatenberg while visiting ?
    – if i have an option to buy the ticket at that place, where can i buy the return tickets of the cable car,
    c)either in beatenberg or in niederhorn ?
    – will i get 50% discount on this tickets as i would be having the swiss card ??

d)I’m planning to go to Brienzer Rothorn, Brienz, i would like to travel via boat till Brienz, where should i book the tickets for the boat ride
    e) also where should i buy the ticket for the local movement, can we buy in the bus or only at the railway station??
    it would be grateful and thankful to you for answering long queries, as i would be leaving on 29th Aug, thanks provide me an answer as early possible
    regards
    Ameen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 August 2012 at 2:10:07 #836976

Hi Ameen, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

All Swiss rail passes are physical tickets; there are no e-tickets. I would advice to visit our Swiss Card page and make your selections (pass type, travelers, etc.) to find resellers of the pass, and details about how to get the Swiss Family Card. Shipping details are provided there as well. Swissrailways.com will send your order immediately; the 2-3 weeks are just for people ordering well in advance. The Swiss Card does not require further tickets for your trip from Basel to Beatenberg and back.

This map shows exactly where train stations and bus stops are located. Train and bus schedules can be found in the timetable.

The Swiss Card provides 50% discounts on further trips during your stay. A map of what’s covered can be downloaded from the Swiss Card page. Tickets for these trips can simply be purchased at rail or bus stations, or in the bus in case there is no manned ticket shop. Just show your Swiss Card and explain where you want to travel to get the correct ticket.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2012 at 2:30:18 #836977

hello Arno, thanks for your quick reply,

can i buy or get the Swiss Family Card at BALE CFF Railway station while buying the Swiss card ?? (if i buy the Swiss card at BALE station).

i feel that if i order online, i risk that it may take few days to reach Paris (i mean to receive Swiss Family Card ), what to do i don’t receive before 29th August, as i leave on 29th Aug.
    That is why i ask this question.

thanks
    Ameen

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 August 2012 at 4:13:34 #836978

Hi Ameen,

Within Switzerland, the Swiss Card is only available at a few border stations. Basel is such a station so that should be no problem as long as you’re there during opening hours (listed on SBB).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2012 at 7:52:13 #836979

Thanks dear Arno for your reply,

you have told about Swiss card, but what about Swiss Family Card, can i get easily at Basel station ( i mean Family card) ?

also please let me know is there any difference between Basel station and Basel SBB station as i find both the stations in the website.

but in my ticket from paris, it is not mentioned as BALE CFF, then what is this station ?

regards
    Ameen

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 August 2012 at 8:37:28 #836980

Hi Ameen,

Sure you can, no problem. There’s only one main station in Basel, which is usually referred to as Basel SBB or sometimes just Basel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2012 at 8:46:25 #836981

Thanks a Ton Arno for your replies.

regards
    Ameen

• The thread ‘Advise required for 4 days stay in interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.