Best route Andermatt to Milan by train?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2017 at 13:22:07 #813684

Hi,

We (4 adults +5yr old child + 9 months baby) will be leaving Swiss on 2 Jan from Zermatt to Milan (as we will fly back thru Milan). We are holding 2nd class Swiss travel pass and I had reserved my Glacier Express from Zermatt – Andermatt.

I would like to ask, any suggestion for

1) I should take train from Brig or Andermatt to Milan? How to i know how much I needed to pay as SBB web only have the option for GA pass.

2) If I am not wrong Zermatt dep at 0852, reached Brig 1015, reach Andermatt 1146, but due to waiting time in Brig, both train will reach milan at 4pm+, so any suggestion which I should choose?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2017 at 16:37:51 #872110

Hi sg9peter,

So you are taking the Glacier Express to Andermatt and want to know how to get to Milan from there? The quickest option is 3h 10 min via Göschenen or 4 hours via Göschenen & Bellinzona (or sometimes just via Brig depending on the schedule – also 4 hours). I would just suggest to take the train that works best with your schedule according to the timetable.

With a Swiss Travel Pass you only need to buy a ticket from the Swiss/Italian border town to Milan. If you go via Brig then it is Domodossola and if you go via Göschenen it is Chiasso.

You can buy that ticket online here.

• The thread ‘Best route Andermatt to Milan by train?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.