Afternoon trip to Lausanne from Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2015 at 18:38:55 #807812

My plan is to visit CERN in the morning (I have a confirmed visit from 11 AM – 1 PM) and then head out to Lausanne in the afternoon and return to Geneva in the night.

Can I purchase a pass that covers the round-trip as well as the local transport in Lausanne?

What are the places of interest that I should visit in Lausanne? I am not sure if I will have time to visit the Olympic Museum (and also if a short trip is worth the cost of the museum ticket). Is Ouchy worth visiting in this short trip? Do I need to purchase a separate ticket from Lausanne to Ouchy?

Murty

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2015 at 4:36:04 #845654

Hi Murty,

If you don’t have any other travel plans in Switzerland you can buy a standard return ticket from Geneva to Lausanne. Optionally you can buy an add-on for public transport in Lausanne/Ouchy. This is a “city to city” ticket. They’ll be able to sell you the right one if you explain about your plans at the Geneva rail station.

If you do have other plan in Switzerland you may want to look into a rail pass.

• The thread ‘Afternoon trip to Lausanne from Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.