Age restriction for kids to go to mountains.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2011 at 12:41:26 #804591

I am planning to visit to jungfrau ( on the top) , mount titlis and mount pilatus with my wife and aprrox two year old daughter. my question is there any age restriction for the kids to take to mountain heights.
    pls lets me know i it safe or not to take my little daughter along with me , so that we can plan accordingly.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    14 August 2011 at 5:49:08 #833824

Hello vikas18feb! Generally, there are no age restrictions and it’s no problem for little children to spend a few hours at such altitudes. However, you should always be aware of signs of high altitude sickness, which may involve nausea and diziness, but this goes for adults as well. You’ll find good further recommendations at the Jungfrau railways website.

• The thread ‘Age restriction for kids to go to mountains.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.