Are most restaurants air-conditioned in Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2018 at 16:47:51 #818158

My wife and I will be in Zurich next week with forecasted temperatures in the high 70s. Do most of the restaurants in Zurich run air-conditioning during these warm temperatures? Here in the States during the summer, most restaurants have the air-conditioning set at very cool temperatures to accommodate the staff in which case the patrons are too cool or must bring a sweater. Your insight will help us with our packing. Thank you, Den

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2018 at 19:05:09 #895295

Hi Den,

No, I haven’t come across many, if any, air conditioned restaurants in Zurich or Switzerland.
    I’m always too warm in the summer – never too cold!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2018 at 19:58:58 #895296

Lucas, many thanks for the feedback. When you are 70 like my wife and me, you will better appreciate the warmth while dining vs shivering in a overly air-conditioned restaurant as is typically the case in the States. Den

• The thread ‘Are most restaurants air-conditioned in Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.