Time needed at Zurich Airport arriving from Europe

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Wilcoxjr
Wilcoxjr
5 posts
Apr 28, 2019 - 4:27 PM

I am a Canadian and will be arriving at Zurich airport from Glasgow (via plane stop in Amsterdam) after a few days in Scotland. I may have a tight train connection and was wondering what to expect at the airport for customs an immigration. Will I need to see security when I arrive or can I just exit where I am arriving from another EU country? Also how long to get to the airport train station.

Thanks You for your help.

Snowman
Snowman
607 posts
top member
Apr 28, 2019 - 8:04 PM in reply to Wilcoxjr

Bonjour Wilcoxjr,

Luggage : As at any airport, if you have checked luggage you'll have to wait for it. ZRH is pretty efficient, but you never know, it depends a bit on the time of the day.

Immigration : The UK not being a Schengen country, you'll have to go through passport control, and you being Canadian you'll queue with the non-Swiss / non-EU passengers. A matter of a few minutes.

Customs : If you have nothing to declare you can go through the green channel.

You'll reach the train station in about 15 minutes. If you need to buy a ticket the time required depends on the crowd at the time you are there, on how much you are familiar with the ticket-vending machine. If you need to go to a manned booth, count about 10 minutes.

But all that should not stress you : if you miss your train, there is another one 30 or 60 minutes later, unless you are late in the evening or going to a distant destination.

Wilcoxjr
Wilcoxjr
5 posts
Apr 28, 2019 - 8:29 PM in reply to Snowman

Thank You...that helps alot

Steph
Steph
1624 posts
top member &
Apr 29, 2019 - 2:52 PM in reply to Wilcoxjr

Hello Wilcoxjr,

I normally calculate around an hour for arrival at Zurich Airport, incl. luggage, maybe some duty-free shopping and customs, but depending on the season, time of day, etc. it can be anything from, let's say 45 mins to 2 hours.

Check: - www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/zurich

The train station of the Airport and the Airport itself are practically in the same building, so a few minutes walk. No issue whatsoever.

To find out about possible train connections, in the case that you get delayed, use our timetable. You should see, as Snowman said, that there are regular connections normally every few minutes, depending a little where you need to go.
- www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Hope this helps.

Best,
Steph

Last modified on Apr 29, 2019 - 2:53 PM by Steph

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019