Airport delays in Switzerland for UK tourists?

Airport delays in Switzerland for UK tourists?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
572 posts
top member
Aug 3, 2017 - 9:07 PM

Hi Lucas

We have been hearing disturbing reports about UK passengers being held up in European airports for up to 4 hours, many missing their flights as a result. I know Switzerland though not EU is part of Schengen. Do you know whether extra checks and similar delays are also happening in Swiss airports? We plan as usual to take our cases to Thun railway station the evening before our flight to check them in and get our boarding tickets. This has always worked well in the past and I checked at the station last week that it was possible and to ask what time to check in. But that was before latest ruling from EU.

Maggie

Lucas
Lucas
7145 posts
expert &
Aug 4, 2017 - 6:26 AM in reply to maggiehorswell

Hi Maggie,

I haven't heard about anything similar happening in Switzerland; but I am not up to date on specific issues for UK travelers at airports. I did read a Guardian article that talked about delays for non-EU travelers (extra passport checks) but the issues seem to centre around more popular summer destinations like Mallorca, Portugal, Spain etc.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018