Airport to Zurich city with Swiss Travel Pass

• Vivalicious
    Participant
    7 posts
    30 September 2022 at 1:24:58 #828453

Hi,

We are 1st time travelers to Switzerland.

If we purchase a Swiss Pass, does it cover the costs from the Airport to Zurich City Centre? Our hotel is in Zurich City Centre.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Viv

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2022 at 5:50:10 #947479

Yes it does, STP also includes the Zurich public transport, see the validity map.

Zurich is not a good base should you want to travel the Alps. And it is the most expensive city, worldwide. You might want to let us know your itinerary so we can help finding suitable bases.

Btw, your ticket is the Swiss TRAVEL Pass, short STP.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2022 at 10:41:08 #947480

Switzerland’s two main airports, Zurich and Geneva both have main line railway stations which are an integral part of the so called Swiss Travel System, so all trains from those stations are ‘free’ with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Mark
    Participant
    803 posts
    30 September 2022 at 21:52:30 #947481

It’s neither here nor there but interesting that we have traveled from the airport to Zurich HB maybe 12 times and never had a conductor check for a ticket. It’s a short 10-12 min ride which we’ve taken at all different times. We have always had a ticket except one time when I was trying to purchase as I boarded on the SBB mobile app and lost reception. I was so nervous the entire 10 minutes.

Mark

Vivalicious
    Participant
    7 posts
    9 October 2022 at 13:40:03 #947482

Thank you. Let me look at my itinerary & let you know.

• The thread ‘Airport to Zurich city with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.