All close on Federal Day of Thanksgiving 17/9/2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 6:55:23 #812276

Hi Team,

I just realized that it is the Federal Day of Thanksgiving on 17th Sep, do we expect all shops and restaurants will be close on that day? I will be in Grindelwald on that day, is the transportation service to Jungfraujoch and to other towns will be close too?

Thank you for your help.

I

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 12:19:08 #865161

Hi Olivia,

Transport services to the Jungfraujoch and elsewhere will be running as usual.

As Grindelwald is a major tourist destination, I would expect that all services a tourist is likely to use would be operating as normal. I was in Zermatt on that day last year. The town was very busy and everything was open.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘All close on Federal Day of Thanksgiving 17/9/2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.