Visit Allmendhubel or Schynige Platte with kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2019 at 22:39:07 #822780

Hi Everyone,

There is so much to explore in Switzerland. I am visiting for 12 days with my husband and 2 kids in July 2019. Want to take a little rest in between, so planning to skip either Allmendhubel or Schynige Platte. Please advise which one is good to do with kids. (aged 5 and 7 years).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 July 2019 at 23:07:59 #917498

Are you based in Interlaken? If you are then you will no doubt plan to visit Schilthorn. Once you get to Mürren then Allmendhubel is only a short add-on.

I’m not sure you could consider the two options you describe an either/or. But then I have little context for your overall plans so guessing.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 July 2019 at 7:14:49 #917499

Hi Trips,

Both are good with kids. Here’s more information about Schynige Platte: http://www.myswissalps.com/sc hynigeplatte.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 8:21:07 #917500

Thanks Rockoyster and Arno for your replies.

I am based in Murren. I think I have planned my itinerary very tight and might be we need a little rest in between. So just in case I need to choose between both which one is preferable to do. To me both look kinda similar with the alpine garden more attractive in Schynige Platte. However, Allmemdhubel would be very near from Murren. But need suggestions. Please note that these trips would not be a day trip for me as I have combined other things with it. So really need to know if I can just do one of them if both give a similar experience.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 8:22:37 #917501

Yes. I am visiting Schilthorn.

Annika
    7103 posts
    11 July 2019 at 13:50:21 #917502

Hi trips! I don’t think you can classify those trips as similar experiences. The trip to Allmendhubel is a short funicular ride, whereas the ride up to Schynige Platte is quite an impressive cogwheel train ride which takes a lot longer. I’m afraid someone else can’t tell you what’s preferable, as that really depends on your travel scheme and you and your travel party’s interests. The only guidelines that I can provide is that you’d best choose Allmendhubel if you’re short of time, and Schynige Platte if a scenic train experience is more important.

ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    11 July 2019 at 14:33:23 #917503

Going to Allmendhubel, especially if you are based in Murren, would be a rest day in itself. I wouldn’t skip either of them.

• The thread ‘Visit Allmendhubel or Schynige Platte with kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.