Alpabfahrt in October? And day trips from Lucerne

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    11 April 2021 at 19:54:15 #934850

Hi BibiL,

At the top of Stanserhorn there are both a cafeteria-style, help-yourself eating area, as well as a revolving restaurant. I would assume the revolving rest. would be quite an expense, but the scenery must be beautiful as well. (As I mentioned earlier, if you’re there on Friday, the ascent stays open later), though you’re on the cusp of the season’s changing. There are also quite a few eateries in and around the entrance to the funicular between it and the rail station.

Doing both hikes would be possible if you start real early. However, you may have to rush a bit and as such, may not do justice to the beauty of the trails/scenery your there to see. You also may want to consider the amoun of km’s you’d be putting on your knees. As much as I don’t want to make your plans, I would agree with your last post and do just the one hike. If you stayed in the area, it would be more manageable, obviously, to do both.

Regards,

Danielsan

BibiL
    Participant
    40 posts
    17 April 2021 at 8:24:41 #934851

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your help.

You have provided me with invaluable information to help me plan for our trip next year.

Stay safe everyone!

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The thread ‘Alpabfahrt in October? And day trips from Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.