Sep 24, 2017 - 5:51 PM
First of all, I must thank the portal for the wonderful tips and information that you are providing to readers. It is invaluable. I am able to get links to all the passes, locations, hotels etc - all from one place. Great job.
I will be visiting Switzerland between 17th to 22nd Oct.
I will arrive from Amsterdam late in the evening on 17th and leave Zurich on the 22nd in the evening, for London.
I need tips on the following :
1) Where do you suggest I stay, Interlaken and/or Lucerne? I will be staying in Zurich on the 21st, so I have 4 nights free. I thought of splitting this into 2 days each in Interlaken and Lucerne, but that may be just too much travelling and changing hotels. Instead I could spend 4 days in one place.
I am planning to visit Mt. Titlis, Jungfraujoch, Rhine falls and doing the Glacier express trip.
2) Between Mt.Titlis vs Pilatus, which one do you suggest? Or can we do both given our above itinerary?
3) When I try to buy a Swiss Travel Pass via your site, it takes me to www.swissrailways.com/ but there I am not able to get a 5 day pass. I have to select 4 days or 8 days. As I am staying for 5 days, what are my options?
4) Glacier express - Do I need to make the reservation in advance ? Is it always full ? I just want to keep this as a back up plan if it rains during my stay. I it is not raining heavily I will have the option to change my plans accordingly. I am buying Swiss Travel Pass. If we can get the reservation on the spot then it is good.
5) Which of these places can I visit even if it is raining - Mt. Titlis, Jungfraujoch, Rhine falls? Are there alternatives that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance,