Watching basketball game in Switzerland TV?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 17:19:19 #815683

We will be in Wengen when The Houston Rockets May be playing the US Badkeyball Championship game. I know the time difference will mean game will be on st 1am or 2am Swiss time. Is it possible Swiss TV would have sports station available? Or any other ideas how to watch. I know streaming via computer may be very expensive if possible at all. Our hotel is very accommodating if it is shown on Swiss TV they let us watch in lounge area.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 May 2018 at 22:34:51 #883952

Badkeyball is not that popular in Switzerland. 😎

Why not ask your hotel?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 22:50:13 #883953

I know Badketball isn’t popular in Switzerland that’s why I knew it would be hard to find on TV even if one of our best players is from Switzerland. I did contact hotel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 5:19:51 #883954

Hi becmcentire,

I have not tried to watch American sports in Switzerland but I think it would be unlikely that they show the game (especially being on at that time locally) but perhaps you’ll get lucky. Finding a TV to watch it at your hotel is a good first step – hope it works out!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 May 2018 at 6:02:27 #883955

What did the hotel say? Just for interest in case we gat any other basketball enquiries.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 0:41:47 #883956

I suspect you will be disappointed

Swiss accomodation tends to have Swiss TV and many channels directed to German satellites to satisfy the visitors from Germany.

I have never seen a British or US domestic sports match on TV when in Swizterland

• The thread ‘Watching basketball game in Switzerland TV?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.