an 8 day Swiss travel pass or a Half rate card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2019 at 11:41:46 #822222

Hi, everyone.

I am travelling to Switzerland from Paris (by air) for my first visit to Switzerland for 7 days from 22nd June, 2019 to 28th June, 2019 along-with my wife and 7 year old son. I would be entering Switzerland in Zurich and travel to interlaken on 22nd June , 2019 by train and stay there for 3 days. I plan to visit Jungfrau on one day and plan to stay another 2 days in interlaken and visit sites there as per liking or just travel by the Swiss Rail.

Thereafter on 25th June, 2019 I travel from Interlaken to Lucerne by Train and stay in Lucerne for 3 days. From Lucerne I plan to visit Zurich city by Train on one day. Next day I plan to visit Mt Titlis. On third day I am planning to go to Geneva, again by Train. Thereafter I depart from Lucerne to Zurich by train onward to Paris (by air).

On the recommendation of a friend I have already purchased the Swiss half fare card and have paid CHF 120 each for myself and my wife, my child being free (as he is only 7).

My query is

1) Should I also purchase Swiss Rail Pass as I would be travelling quite a bit in the Swiss Rail ?

2) if yes should I purchase an 8 day one or a 1 day pass each day as per that particular day’s travel?

3) I also need advise on one day travel destination in and around Interlaken. Also since it is my first visit do you all think my itinerary is OK?

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

• The thread ‘an 8 day Swiss travel pass or a Half rate card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.