No personal details on Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 2:32:12 #819881

Hi

Have been able to get some great information from the forums.

We have purchased an 8 day rail pass for 2 adults. I have an email with the pass that states my name & pass for 2 adults & first day of use. When I purchased it I provided our passport details, however they are not printed on the pass.

Do we need to validate the pass at the station before boarding the train?

Haven’t been to Switzerland for 27 years & always said I would return, so looking forward to it!

thankyou for your help!

Karen from Australia!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 February 2019 at 2:40:36 #904003

G’day Karen from Australia and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you are referring to the Swiss Travel Pass then there is no need to validate it before use.

As long as the name and date of birth on your passport matches details on your travel pass document you should be fine. When you show your pass to a train inspector on board you may or may not be asked to show ID to prove you are entitled to use the pass. Whether you get asked to show your passport depends how much of a stickler the inspector is. I don’t believe the passport number is vital.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 3:31:47 #904004

Thanks for your quick reply RockOyster!

The pass is indeed the 8 day travel pass – it only states my name & specifies 2 adults & a barcode & also a booking ref number. I purchased it via Viator as I could get 10% off, which was a great saving for us however it is from STC – Switzerland Travel Centre AG.

It doesn’t have my husbands name or our dates of birth. Though when doing booking I had to provide all those details.

Perhaps I contact STC direct ?

Thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 February 2019 at 3:41:29 #904005

That doesn’t sound too good. There should be one pass for you and one for your husband and each should show your individual names at least. Are you sure you have a travel pass and not a voucher to pick up passes once in Switzerland?

On this page http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price we say “You’ll immediately receive a printable voucher. You can exchange this for your rail pass at any staffed Swiss rail station” for Viator.

If you need contact Viator see http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/viator.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 3:49:25 #904006

Thanks once again. I think I may have the voucher.

I will contact STC.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 February 2019 at 3:58:04 #904007

When you present your voucher at a Swiss station they will ask for your full details so they can print out your passes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 4:05:23 #904008

Rockoyster

You have been very helpful! I have just read on the confirmation that I should receive another email with passes direct from STC. I purchased them over the weekend, so hopefully I receive them in the next few days. We won’t be in Switzerland until first week of May, so have time to sort it out.

thankyou for your help! Looking forward to rediscovering the Swiss beauty of that I remember!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 February 2019 at 4:15:39 #904009
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2019 at 7:57:17 #904010

Happy to report, I just received our travel passes via email from STC!

😃

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2019 at 6:16:33 #904011

Hi Karen

We are also travelling from Australia to Switzerland soon and purchasing the 8 day STP. Is the discount with Viator all the time or was it a special?

Many thanks

Debbie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2019 at 6:35:52 #904012

Hi Debbie

I was able to obtain the 10% discount as a new sign up customer which was a decent saving. It is also charged in AUD as opposed to CHF.

I went to travel show on weekend & europerail.com.au have a deal where you purchase 8 days & get 2 free. We are only in Switzerland for 8 days in total so that wasn’t a benefit to us.

have a great trip

Karen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2019 at 6:39:58 #904013

Isn’t that a Eurail Pass, not a Swiss Travel Pass, Karen?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2019 at 8:11:54 #904014

Hi Victoria

Apologies, the actual website is raileurope.com.au – they sell various travel.passes including Swiss travel pass.

Thanks

Karen

Arno
    15481 posts
    12 February 2019 at 15:38:50 #904015

Hi everyone,

The deal mentioned by Karen can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/extra-travel-days-on-the-swiss-travel-pass-promo. Hopefully it’s useful to others who have planned 5 or 10 days of traveling.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2019 at 18:29:59 #904016

That sounds great value for us Aussie travellers. Many thanks for sharing with us.

• The thread ‘No personal details on Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.