Any Day trips from Zurich to Geneva?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2011 at 10:21:07 #804438

Hi
    We’re planning for short break (4days) to Switzerland in Aug. We have planned to arrive and depart from Zurich as this option was much cheaper. We are thinking to take Day trips from Zurich which I have found in some of the sites and found them as very good.

Day 1: Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich – covers Lucerne
    Day 2: Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe (from Zurich)
    Day 3: <Any Day trips to Geneva and Bern??>
    Day 4: Rhine Falls including Best of Zurich City Tour and we have late evening flight at Zurich.

Can you suggest me some day trips to Geneva or any 1-day passes available which we can use to cover both Geneva and Bern? I searched through the sbb.ch website, but I couldn’t find any for my requirement.Please suggest.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2011 at 4:21:14 #833332

Can you please help on this?

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 June 2011 at 15:59:28 #833333

Hi anithar.17,

I would recommend to skip Geneva if you’re based in Zurich. Just the trip is almost 3 hours (and back), so you would be traveling a large part of your day. I would recommend to pick something closer to Zurich. Some examples are a boat trip on Lake Zurich or Lake Lucerne, or mount Rigi or Pilatus near Lucerne. Bern can be reached from Zurich in a reasonable amount of time (please refer to the timetable for details).

There are no 1-day passes, unless you purchase a Swiss Half Fare Card. That might be a good idea anyway, or perhaps a 4-day Swiss Pass to cover most of the day trips you’ve planned.

• The thread ‘Any Day trips from Zurich to Geneva?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.