Any STP promotion or best place to buy

• Uallin
    Participant
    115 posts
    21 December 2017 at 15:40:45 #813855

Hi! We need to buy another 8 day continuous Youth Swiss Travel Pass as our son is able to join us. We’re travelling in February. I’ve looked around and there doesn’t seem to be any promotion. Just checking here in case i missed something.

I’ve also checked the Happyrail.com website, but am confused by it’s 2 options: 2017: 16- 25 & 2018: 16-25. What are these referring to? If I buy three Pass now is it still the 2017 prices? TIA!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 December 2017 at 16:03:19 #873123

Hi Uallin,

The places to best buy are listed on http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price, but I assume you already checked those retailers as HappyRail is listed there as well? They offered all passes for 2017 prices until yesterday or even this morning may be, but it looks like they now added the 2018 prices to their site. So you need to select “2018: 16-25” to buy a Swiss Travel Pass Youth for February 2018.

Still HappyRail offers a good deal at CHF 339 for your pass. Alternatively you can buy it for CHF 340 via the official SBB webshop at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. Train stations offer it for CHF 340 too, but then you will need to spend time on it on arrival and you won’t have a backup pass (PDF document). Online is more convenient.

Uallin
    Participant
    115 posts
    22 December 2017 at 17:10:44 #873124

Thanks, Arno. After comparison, it does seem more logical to purchase from the official SBB webshop.

• The thread ‘Any STP promotion or best place to buy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.