Any STP promotion or best place to buy

Any STP promotion or best place to buy

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Dec 21, 2017 - 3:40 PM

Hi! We need to buy another 8 day continuous Youth Swiss Travel Pass as our son is able to join us. We're travelling in February. I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be any promotion. Just checking here in case i missed something.

I've also checked the Happyrail.com website, but am confused by it's 2 options: 2017: 16- 25 & 2018: 16-25. What are these referring to? If I buy three Pass now is it still the 2017 prices? TIA!

Arno
Arno
11146 posts
expert &
Dec 21, 2017 - 4:03 PM

Hi Uallin,

The places to best buy are listed on www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price, but I assume you already checked those retailers as HappyRail is listed there as well? They offered all passes for 2017 prices until yesterday or even this morning may be, but it looks like they now added the 2018 prices to their site. So you need to select "2018: 16-25" to buy a Swiss Travel Pass Youth for February 2018.

Still HappyRail offers a good deal at CHF 339 for your pass. Alternatively you can buy it for CHF 340 via the official SBB webshop at www.swissrailways.com/ en. Train stations offer it for CHF 340 too, but then you will need to spend time on it on arrival and you won't have a backup pass (PDF document). Online is more convenient.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:50 AM by Arno
Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Dec 22, 2017 - 5:10 PM

Thanks, Arno. After comparison, it does seem more logical to purchase from the official SBB webshop.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018