Swiss transport services closed in late September?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2018 at 3:55:29 #818427

Hi everyone,

I am planning to visit Switzerland in the last 8 days of Sep this year. Planning to visit the following places –

1. Mt. Titlis

2. Jungfraujoch

3. Wengen

4. Klein Scheidegg

5. Wilserswil/Schynige Platte

6. Lauterbrunen

7. Gstaad

8. Lugano/Benninzona

9. Lausanne

10. Geneva

Planning to travel by public transport / trains throughout using an 8 day Swiss travel pass.

I heard that late Sep / Autumn is low season in CH and that some places may be closed due to maintenance and preparation for the coming winter. As such do I need to be aware of any particular destinations or train/bus services that might be closed at this time. Your advise is appreciated!

Cheers,

Raunak

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 September 2018 at 5:47:11 #896506

Hello Raunak and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You will have no problems accessing all those places. Use the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you are not familiar with using the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions on that page.

Have you looked into rail passes? You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2018 at 6:03:08 #896507

Hi Rockoyster,

Thanks for your quick reply! Good to know that transport services will not be affected.

I have visited CH earlier, in winter last year, so am aware of the rail passes and comfortable using the SBB mobile app. Missed out some of the places in my plan last time around due to inclement weather and poor visibility from the mountains and hoping its better this time!

Cheers,

Raunak

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2018 at 14:28:09 #896508

Hi Raunak,

Low or off-season in Switzerland starts around the end of October until early December; and again from early April until early June. You’ll find September is usually a great time to visit Switzerland.

http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit

• The thread ‘Swiss transport services closed in late September?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.