April 14 Lucerne day-trip on train?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Locomotive1
Locomotive1
5 posts
Feb 1, 2018 - 5:51 PM

Arriving Lucerne from Milan by train. I wish a Day-trip by Train R/T Lucerne to enjoy April scenery before departing next day for Basel and Paris. Suggestions for a train trip with a baguette and wine??

rockoyster
rockoyster
4570 posts
expert
Feb 1, 2018 - 9:22 PM in reply to Locomotive1

Hello Locomotive1 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you had time to follow the Gotthard Panorama Express (www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress) route on your way to Lucerne you would see plenty of scenery.

To get into the Alps a day trip to the Jungfrau Region (www.myswissalps.com/on edayjungfrauregion) is probably your best bet. In April several cable cars and other attractions are closed for maintenance. See post by Alpenrose666 on this thread www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

Locomotive1
Locomotive1
5 posts
Feb 1, 2018 - 9:36 PM in reply to rockoyster

Upon arriving I shall inform my Lucerne Hotel desk of your helpful suggestions. Thank-you. Locomotive1

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019