April 14 Lucerne day-trip on train?

April 14 Lucerne day-trip on train?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Locomotive1
Locomotive1
5 posts
Feb 1, 2018 - 5:51 PM

Arriving Lucerne from Milan by train. I wish a Day-trip by Train R/T Lucerne to enjoy April scenery before departing next day for Basel and Paris. Suggestions for a train trip with a baguette and wine??

rockoyster
rockoyster
3701 posts
expert
Feb 1, 2018 - 9:22 PM in reply to Locomotive1

Hello Locomotive1 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you had time to follow the Gotthard Panorama Express (www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress) route on your way to Lucerne you would see plenty of scenery.

To get into the Alps a day trip to the Jungfrau Region (www.myswissalps.com/on edayjungfrauregion) is probably your best bet. In April several cable cars and other attractions are closed for maintenance. See post by Alpenrose666 on this thread www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

Locomotive1
Locomotive1
5 posts
Feb 1, 2018 - 9:36 PM in reply to rockoyster

Upon arriving I shall inform my Lucerne Hotel desk of your helpful suggestions. Thank-you. Locomotive1

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018