April trip to Switzerland to enjoy snow for 2 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 14:37:20 #814592

Hi,

Any best place in Switzerland for couple to enjoy snow? Place not that expensive but worth for the money. date between 14/4-16/4

From Malaysia.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 17:02:57 #877600

Hi Sulaiman76 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t think you will have luck being in a town with snow at that time of year. But you can head into the mountains for a visit to see the snow.

I would look at staying in the Jungfrau region, at towns like Wengen, or Murren, or Grindelwald. These towns are close to Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch. Another option is Luzern which has nearby mountains for you to visit as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 3:46:42 #877601

hi lucas,

Thanks for the infos. basically my itinerary trip :-

8/4-13/4 – England (London)

14/4 – 17/4 – Switzerland (Zurich)

18/4 – 21/4 – Italy (rome)

so, which area/town is very close to zurich for 1 nite stay/day trip to enjoy snow. hope u can advice me more details. btw, any good hotel/travel agent can we look into it?

Thanks again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 3:59:14 #877602

One more thing bro lucas,

i have no idea what should i do in switzerland for 4 days. perhaps u can advice me where should i go beside 1 day to enjoy snow . maybe 1 day for shopping. the rest more on sight seeing. dont know how to plan in Switzerland.

Really need ur advise on this trip. looking forward a memorable trip.

thanks again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 7:16:10 #877603

Hi Sulaiman76,

I would spend your 3 nights in Lucerne I think. There is a lot to do there both for shopping and mountains and lakes.

Here are a list of things to do in Lucerne – go to Mt. Titlis for the best chance to be in the snow. If shopping is a big priority perhaps 1/2 a day in Zurich at the end of your trip could accomplish that.

If you want a tour company to help you book your stay have a look here.

We also have hotel suggestions for Lucerne here if you want to book that yourself. You can also book rail passes through our website here. A Swiss Travel Pass for 3 or 4 days would probably be the easiest option for you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 7:30:54 #877604

Thank Bro Lucas,

appreciate ur recommendations. I will prepare our itinerary for u to look into it. Keep in touch. Thanks again

• The thread ‘April trip to Switzerland to enjoy snow for 2 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.