Are all trains from Lucerne to Interlaken scenic?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Babs
Babs
19 posts
Apr 23, 2018 - 8:25 PM

My husband and I are going to Murren from Lucerne. The first leg to Interlochen runs frequently. Are they all the Sam kind of train or do I have to specify scenic?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4028 posts
expert
Apr 23, 2018 - 8:56 PM in reply to Babs

Hello Babs and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The scenic route between Lucerne and Interlaken Ost goes via the Brünig Pass and Meiringen. The only train operating on that journey is known as the Luzern - Interlaken Express and runs hourly.

When are you travelling? At the moment there is construction an the line and a bus detour replacing the train for part of the journey.

Check the Swiss Train Timetable (goo.gl/PXbqWw) for times. If you are not familiar with the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions at bit.ly/2IwxrEV.

Babs
Babs
19 posts
Apr 23, 2018 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the info. We are going the end of May and that is one of the highlights of our trip. I will check on the schedule periodically.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4028 posts
expert
Apr 23, 2018 - 11:04 PM in reply to Babs

The line is back to normal 30 April.

Babs
Babs
19 posts
Apr 23, 2018 - 11:44 PM in reply to rockoyster

So happy!!!!

Flem1386
Flem1386
5 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 3:17 AM

We just got back from Switzerland and took the express train from Lucerne to Interlaken and even with the bus detour, it was not bad. Back on the train, it was a wonderful scenic ride! We loved it.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018