Is the Aare Gorge worth seeing in September?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 2:15:19 #820559

Hi again, as previously mentioned I will be staying in Jungfrau region for approximately 10 days in September 2019. I intend to do some day hikes and visit Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, First and do Lake Thun cruise. I had also thought about going to Aare gorge. Do you think Aare gorge is worth going to see or would my time be better spent doing more hikes and/or exploring in the Jungfrau area? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 5:58:04 #907355

Hello AitchAitch,

I personally think the Aare Gorge is a gorgeous place, in any sense! 🙂

It includes some walking and can be combined with a larger walk/hike as a roundtrip. Have a look at the attached material to get an idea.

Of course you can always explore more in the Jungfrau Region as there is lots to do and see there too. However, you won’t loose any time visiting the Aare gorge, as you will see using our timetable link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Get back to us for any further input.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Is the Aare Gorge worth seeing in September?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.