Are there lockers in Zug railway station ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2018 at 5:46:42 #817133

Hi Friendz,

I will be having around 20kg worth of luggage hence I won’t be able to carry them along when I’m doing a city tour in Zug, hence posting the question. Are there lockers in Zug railway station or even any other place in zug that will accommodate the luggage for around 3 hours ?

Regards Ishkaan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2018 at 15:27:53 #890504

Hi Ishkaan,

Yes, there are lockers in Zug station. You can rent a locker for around 7chf (coins) for 24 hours.

There are useful links to SBB’s website on our page below:

https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/practical/ luggage

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 4:56:22 #890505

Hi Ishkaan,

While in Zug, you might come across one of several cake shops where you can try a local specialty, the Zuger Kirschtorte. Konditorei Treichler in Zug is the original home of the Zuger Kirschtorte, but several other places in Zug produce it.

There is a picture of it here:

upload.wikimedia.org/w ikipedia/commons/8/80/ Zuger-Kirschtorte-Stueck-2013.jpg

The name is protected under protected designation of origin arrangements, so to be called Zuger Kirschtorte, it must be produced in the Canton of Zug and the kirsch must be only Zuger Kirsch or Rigi Kirsch (both of which are also protected under protected designation of origin arrangements).

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 7:45:08 #890506

Thank you very much Lucas on the reply. I tried checking the opening hours couldn’t come across it. I’m planning to arrive at 7.30 am in the morning at Zug station, in that case at that time will I be able to get a locker ?

Thank you very much Alpenrose, I will certainly try it out. Looks yummy 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 8:43:06 #890507

Lockers are available 24×7.

The direct link is here under Equipment and Lockers: https://www.sbb.ch/en/ station-services/railway-stations/zug-station.html

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2018 at 16:55:29 #890508

Thank you very much Lucas 🙂

• The thread ‘Are there lockers in Zug railway station ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.