Are three year olds allowed at Trummelbach fall?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2017 at 15:01:01 #813233

We are travelling with a 3 year old and was wondering if 3 year olds are allowed to visit Trummelbach falls.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2017 at 21:28:41 #869695

Hi Yukinemi and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no age restriction but baby strollers are not allowed so as long as you can carry them or they can walk it would be ok.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2017 at 22:57:14 #869696

Children under 4 years of age can’t be taken to the Trümmelbach Falls unfortunately. Please see information on the following page by hovering your mouse over the symbol of a woman with a pram, which will bring up the following message:

Due to increased saftey risk, it is not permitted to take babies or children under 4 years of age to the Trümmelbach waterfalls. Please understand that parents may be asked about their child’s age and entry may be refused if necessary. This also applies to infants in pushchairs and slings.

truemmelbachfaelle.ch/ e/information_anreise. html

You could perhaps take it in turns, with one of you staying outside with the child.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 5:30:39 #869697

Thank you all for the replies… I was having trouble finding the information and I was finding some saying that 3 and under are not allowed and some were saying 4.

We will be a group of 5 adults so were thinking of taking turns carrying our toddler… but now that I know she’s not allowed we’ll just have to take turns.

Any idea how long (approx.) it takes to go up and back down?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 10:02:27 #869698

Hello Yukinemi,

We just returned from our swiss trip 2 days back with my kids aged 2 and 4. We too wanted to visit Trummelbach falls.. We were just enquiring about the bus timings to one local who happened to be an employee at the TRummelbach falls!. So we asked about this restriction that we heard, he agreed that children under 4 are not allowed. It is due to the loud noise of the water falling through the cave that can cause discomfort to the kids.

Hope it help! and have a great trip 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 16:52:15 #869699

That confirms it then… We will just have to take turns up the waterfalls while someone stays outside with the little one. Thanks a lot 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 17:14:56 #869700

Ah that’s a strange setup to have to hover your mouse on the image to get more details – I clearly did not think to do that!

Thanks for the correction!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2017 at 3:26:35 #869701

>> Ah that’s a strange setup to have to hover your mouse on the image to get more details

Yes, it certainly is! It would make things so much clearer if they just put the text on the page instead of hiding it!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Are three year olds allowed at Trummelbach fall?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.