Around Switzerland via STP Flex and SBB mobile app

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2017 at 16:14:15 #863908

Hi Rockoyster and Debra!

We are a group of tourists from Hong Kong and will have a trip in Aug .We need to select suitable devices offering internet and phone functions during our stay in Switzerland. Thank you so much for Rockoyster’s sharing in the forum . I intend to try the Salt pre pay SIM card. Before that, I’m doubted after reading Debra’s message because we are using the IPhone series of 6 and 6plus which seems not suitable in matching with Salt sim card. I had sent e-mail to Salt.ch and try to seek help from the staff by filling in the specific enquiry form in the website. However, it requires to fill in a native phone number in Switzerland which I don’t have. Therefore, is there anyone who can assist to provide me other contact means to reach Salt.ch so that I can email my questions before my trip.

Thank you for your assistance

Ms LAI So Fun

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 June 2017 at 18:40:33 #863909

Hi Ms Lai

Just put a bunch of 9s in the phone number. That’s what I did. There should be no reason SIM would not work with iPhone as long as it is not locked to another service provider. Salt would go out of business if their SIM did not work with Apple devices.

Happy travels.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 June 2017 at 18:55:34 #863910

….. or you should be able to just email [email protected] Ms Lai.

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    8 June 2017 at 5:06:26 #863911

Yes ms Lai rock oyster is right, if your iphone is not locked to your carrier it will work with the salt sim. I eventually was able to determined that my phone is locked so I won’t be able to use the salt but will be getting the travelers wifi.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 15:32:12 #863912

It’s so great to have quick feedbacks and assurance from Rockoyster and Debra. I will try out your suggestions and hope I find the solution and can share out experiences after the trip in early September.

Wish happy trips to both of you

Ms Lai So Fun

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 11:53:39 #863913

Hey rockoyster!

Would like to know your overall experience using the SALT SIM and their assistance. Would you still recommend it?

They’ve mentioned on their website that calls within Switzerland are 0.49 chf per call and in brackets they’ve mentioned 60 mins. So even if we call for a minute within switzerland, they will charge us 0.49 chf right?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 June 2017 at 22:17:05 #863914

Hi Jayy123,

My overall experience was excellent and I would definitely recommend the Salt SIM as a very cost-effective means of getting good internet access in Switzerland.

I never intended to use it for voice calls so I can’t comment on that aspect.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 8:17:02 #863915

Alright! Thanks a ton! We’re sure to buy it once we reach there!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 June 2017 at 10:02:07 #863916

Hi Jayy123,

You’re welcome. Have a read of http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/return-from-8-days-in-switzerland as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 10:13:44 #863917

Hey guys!

I’m at Zurich airport right now and I just bought one salt SIM for my brothers phone. I’m currently sending this email using the hotspot. Thank you so much rockoyster for making me aware of this SIM! I paid only 20 chf total for one SIM card. Which has given me 30 chf credit for 15 days. This is the best deal!

Also, there won’t be any problem at the borders if you’ve manually chosen salt as your default SIM. (This is for anyone who’s facing problems at the borders)

Cheers!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 June 2017 at 10:15:55 #863918

😉

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • The thread ‘Around Switzerland via STP Flex and SBB mobile app’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.