Arriving Geneva Airport, going to Gersau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 15:12:46 #816026

Hi all, my trip is now getting close and the forum has been really helpful about all sorts of things so thank you all!

I’m now trying to plan my route on arrival to my accommodation. I’ve checked the SBB site and I have a couple of questions. My route is Geneva Airport to Gersau.

1. Is it easy/convenient to get a sandwich or snack on the Geneva Airport Train Station or should I get something in the Airport? How long do I need to get from the Airport to the platforms?

2. At Luzern my route gives me 7 mins from the train arriving to the boat for Weggis leaving, but it also says its a 7 min walk! As I don’t know which quay to go to and there are 10 of them is this unreasonable? I know the normal times given are always achievable but this seems a little tight!

Please advise. Many thanks.

Moonbeam

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 May 2018 at 22:30:46 #885468

Luzern Bahnhofquai is about 100 meters from the entrance to the station. At each jetty there is a large illuminated blue sign indicating which departures are next. You shouldn’t have too much trouble locating the right one.

If you miss the boat there are plenty of alternate routes from Luzern to Gersau. It may pay to have a backup plan you can figure out using the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable). The timetable will also give you the number of the “ship” you want to look for.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 0:09:07 #885469

I haven’t been to Geneva airport, but if it is similar to Zurich then it is right below the airport itself (and so all the stores/shops are in the airport).

We have information on Geneva airport here including links to terminal plans here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/airports/geneva

• The thread ‘Arriving Geneva Airport, going to Gersau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.