Activities after arriving in Mürren late afternoon

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2019 at 12:23:53 #822456

Hello! My husband and I will arrive to Switzerland this week.

Depending on how quickly we get through customs etc, we are hoping to get the train to arrive to Mürren between 3-4 pm. We want to check into our hotel and drop off our luggage.

Any suggestions on what to do with the remaining hours of the day? We would love to get out and about after a long day of travel. I did look on the time table, the last transport up to Schlithorn is 16:40. Not sure if we would be able to make that.

Open to all ideas! Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 June 2019 at 13:19:03 #915999

Hi Alisson,

You can walk to Grütschalp and take the train back:

Drtrupper
    Participant
    23 posts
    25 June 2019 at 0:03:22 #916000

We had arrived at a similar time and took the wonderful stroll down to Gimmelwald. We all loved it. Many waterfalls, cows, sheep and postcard mountains at every turn. It was roughly 30 minute walk. We stopped at the Pension Gimmelwald and explored the Honesty Shop (should have purchased that sweatshirt) then moved to the terrace where we enjoyed their microbrews and the AMAZING view! They have a supper that serves at 7:00 (I think) w/ reservation required in advance. After that grab the cable car back up to Murren. It runs every 30 minutes until 8:00 then every hour until midnight. That may be different in high season. We had the Berner Oberland pass so it was free! Could also take the cable car down to Stechelberg and then back up. Or take the funicular up to Allmendhubel and explore. That was closed when we were there a few weeks ago but should be open by how. It runs until around 5:00pm. Hike down is roughly 30 minutes if trail is open. Have an amazing trip! The beauty in that area is beyond compare.

• The thread ‘Activities after arriving in Mürren late afternoon’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.