Ask about type of train near Lake Brienz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2018 at 5:02:51 #818566

Hello everyone ,

This is my third forum. Actually I have got enough information for my Switzerland, big thanks from every helps in this website. But so far I have seen some clip videos of a train travelling along the moutain with a stunning Lake Brienz view in Instagram. And I am wondering what kind of train is it? Please anybody tell me what is this train called in Switzerland (if there is a specific name for it) And how can I catch this train to follow the same route in the clip video. I have attached the photo of the clip (i captured the screen)

Thank you in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 October 2018 at 5:26:08 #897148

Hi Skooba101,

You can read about that train here: http://www.myswissalps.com/br ienzerrothorn

Have fun!

Micalj
    Participant
    80 posts
    2 October 2018 at 16:03:01 #897149

Hello Skooba101,

The train starts running in May, and only runs half way up to Planalp until the track is cleared to the top sometime in June. We went in May, and enjoyed it so much we will return next June and hopefully make it to the top. Since we had the Swiss Travel Pass, we trained from our hub in Zurich to Interlaken Ost, and walked to the Lake Brienz ferry. We had a delightful ferry ride to Brienz where we departed the ferry and took a short walk to the Brienz Rothorn train station – half fare for Swiss Travel Pass holders. There is also a Coop grocery store you can stop at to grab some goodies for the train, then enjoy the view with a picnic. The Coop is to the west of the ferry pier and the Steam Train is just to the east of the pier on Hauptstrasse, all an easy walk. I added a few pics — 8690 is Lake Brienz ferry, 8376 is a telephoto shot of the far shore of Lake Brienz from Planalp, and 8729 is the train at Planalp. 8710 is also from a meadow near Planalp. Hopefully you’ll have great weather! Have a great time.

• The thread ‘Ask about type of train near Lake Brienz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.