Ask about type of train near Lake Brienz

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Skooba101
Skooba101
10 posts
Oct 2, 2018 - 5:02 AM

Hello everyone ,

This is my third forum. Actually I have got enough information for my Switzerland, big thanks from every helps in this website. But so far I have seen some clip videos of a train travelling along the moutain with a stunning Lake Brienz view in Instagram. And I am wondering what kind of train is it? Please anybody tell me what is this train called in Switzerland (if there is a specific name for it) And how can I catch this train to follow the same route in the clip video. I have attached the photo of the clip (i captured the screen)

Thank you in advance

Last modified on Oct 2, 2018 - 5:06 AM by Skooba101
Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
12820 posts
expert &
Oct 2, 2018 - 5:26 AM

Hi Skooba101,

You can read about that train here: www.myswissalps.com/br ienzerrothorn

Have fun!

Micalj
Micalj
63 posts
Oct 2, 2018 - 4:03 PM

Hello Skooba101,

The train starts running in May, and only runs half way up to Planalp until the track is cleared to the top sometime in June. We went in May, and enjoyed it so much we will return next June and hopefully make it to the top. Since we had the Swiss Travel Pass, we trained from our hub in Zurich to Interlaken Ost, and walked to the Lake Brienz ferry. We had a delightful ferry ride to Brienz where we departed the ferry and took a short walk to the Brienz Rothorn train station - half fare for Swiss Travel Pass holders. There is also a Coop grocery store you can stop at to grab some goodies for the train, then enjoy the view with a picnic. The Coop is to the west of the ferry pier and the Steam Train is just to the east of the pier on Hauptstrasse, all an easy walk. I added a few pics -- 8690 is Lake Brienz ferry, 8376 is a telephoto shot of the far shore of Lake Brienz from Planalp, and 8729 is the train at Planalp. 8710 is also from a meadow near Planalp. Hopefully you'll have great weather! Have a great time.

Please login to see the attached documents

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019