Steamer/boat trip on Lake Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2019 at 13:34:45 #820388

Firstly, thanks to this awesome forum and its contributors, my trip planning for Switzerland has been quite near perfect till now.I am now praying for clear weather between 25th and 30th March so that I enjoy every bit of my travel there.

Appreciate, if i could get some help on planning a round trip steamer/boat ride from Lucerne for a day ( 27th March) .I go to Mount Titlis the day before and a trip to interlaken and Jungfrau the day after. Two adults and Two kids

Looking for some detailed guidance please.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2019 at 15:20:04 #906470

Dear John

Great to hear the forum is helping you out so much and your Swiss trip is coming together nicely.

We have a dedicated page on the site for boat trips on Lake Lucerne with detailed information on the options to help you get started: http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne

I am sure others will also be able to comment from their personal experience.

Here are some links to your other destinations:

I hope you get a really nice sunny day as well when you go on the lake.

Happy travels!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2019 at 15:40:03 #906471

Thanks Maria, your link for the boat trips in lucerne is very informative.This helps a lot…I think I will combine the trip to Rigi with the boating.

I have a query on the Swiss Travel Pass..remotely connected to this topic..Is the pass based on a 24hr cycle or its just days irrespective of what time you have commenced using it..

Thanks in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2019 at 15:46:11 #906472

Hi again

this is a good question! You will find a detailed explanation of the validity period in the section titled “Swiss Travel Pass travel days”, much better than what I could explain: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2019 at 16:04:39 #906473

Thanks again….everything clarified in a single reply….

myswissalps.com is a treasure trove for Switzerland travellers👍👍

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2019 at 0:50:50 #906474

Too early in the season for a steamer I’m afraid.

There are really two choices – take the boat as far as Vitznau and go up the Rigi.

Take the boat all the way to Fluelen – you see the more rustic ‘alpine’ end of the Lake (the Urnersee) and sights including the Schiller stone, the cradle of Switzerland (Rutli) and Tell-related spots

In both cases you can go one way by boat and one way by train.

• The thread ‘Steamer/boat trip on Lake Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.