Glacier Express: night in St Moritz worth it?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2019 at 18:39:23 #820916

Hello,

We are visiting Switzerland in August with my family. We were looking to take the glacier express from Zermatt to St. Moritz – stay here 1 night and then head back to Zurich. I am having 2nd thoughts about the 8 hour GA train ride. Is it worth going to St. Moritz for a night? Or should we disembark at Chur and head to Zurich a day early?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2019 at 21:43:39 #909076

Hi Shradha!

From my own experience, St Moritz has a lot more to offer than Chur and also than Zurich in August so I would definitely recommend staying there if you have a bit of time to explore.

If you’re having doubts about the train journey itself you may find it useful to look at the detailed description here to help with your decision: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress

Hope that helps, maybe others have additional tips!

Maria.

Ajittipnis
    Participant
    87 posts
    12 April 2019 at 7:39:52 #909077

Hi Shradha

We just returned from 18 days holiday in ONLY Switzerland, as regards Glacier express, its a world famous slowest train in the world snd is amazing journey, this journey you may be able to do by other normal trains but Glacier Express has its own class and we enjoyed it the food n wine while travelling. Dont miss this journey by Glacier express.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2019 at 7:47:13 #909078

It is indeed possible to do the same journey on regular trains as Ajittipnis suggests. You will read more on the link I gave you above 🙂

Have a great trip whatever you decide!

Maria

• The thread ‘Glacier Express: night in St Moritz worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.