ATM at Lucerne station

ATM at Lucerne station

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
aznqt703
aznqt703
6 posts
Mar 13, 2017 - 4:51 PM

I am wondering if there is an ATM machine at Lucerne train station. I know Lucerne has money exchange services, but am looking specifically for ATM machines. I will training from Munich straight to Lucerne. I am debating whether or not I need to exchange money in the USA prior to heading overseas. I know the best exchange rates are when your withdraw money from the ATMs so if there is an ATM at Lucerne train station then I would wait until get there to get Swiss Francs, but if there is only money exchanging services and no ATM then I would get Swiss Francs in the US prior to my trip.

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
Mar 13, 2017 - 5:10 PM in reply to aznqt703

Hi Aznqt703,

Yes, there are ATM machines in the train station - you can see the list of services for Luzern (local German spelling) here. There are at least two, if not more.

Lucas

kim11
kim11
383 posts
top member
Mar 14, 2017 - 4:46 PM

And you will pretty much find ATMs everywhere in the country. Even in small, car-free mountain villages such as Wengen there are two!

BeeGood2All
BeeGood2All
7 posts
Mar 14, 2017 - 5:17 PM

Aznqt703,

There is an ATM on the wall by rail line 14. The symbol on the SBB rail station maps for is a little drawer with 100 in a box to look like a 100 chf. The SBB map doesn't show the ATM symbol in the map legend and they are tiny, so you have to enlarge the map and search for them.

BeGood2All

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3758 posts
expert
Mar 16, 2017 - 1:15 AM in reply to aznqt703

Yes, you can find ATM's as noted. They give good rates. However, the currency exchange windows at the rail stations also give good rates. You do not need to be afraid of them.

The one to watch out for and avoid is "Travelex." No matter where I have seen them, their rates are highway robbery.

Slowpoke

Snowman
Snowman
36 posts
Mar 19, 2017 - 12:58 PM

ATMs are called Bancomat or Postomat.

Snowman
Snowman
36 posts
Mar 19, 2017 - 1:04 PM in reply to Snowman

You can use this ATM locator for the Mastercard (most ATMs would accept also Visa, Amex, etc.):

www.mastercard.com/sea /consumer/atm-locator.html

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017