Swiss banks change CHF note for smaller coins?

• autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    1 July 2018 at 22:26:07 #817015

I think I can use USB or Credit Suisse and pay the USA bank 3% fee, but no swiss fee, when i use the atm. However, I’ll need smaller bill/coins for coffee, lockers, etc. Will the bank counter at the airport switch out a larger chf note for smaller coins?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 July 2018 at 0:10:29 #889937

<<“Will the bank counter at the airport switch out a larger chf note for smaller coins?”>>

Maybe. ;-(

There are coin change machines near lockers in the big airports/ train stations.

Other wise, buy a newspaper with 20 Frank bill.

Slowpoke

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    2 July 2018 at 8:25:53 #889938

If you’re willing to go to a bank counter, exchange a USD 20 or 50 note. You are most likely to get an uneven amount of CHF, and of course you can ask to get all your CHF in coins if that’s what you want.

• The thread ‘Swiss banks change CHF note for smaller coins?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.