Attire outdoor symphony Locarno Piazza Grande

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 20:07:06 #816170

Attending Ennio Morricone concert June 20 in Locarno’s Piazza Grande. He will be performing with the Rome symphony & choir. Can anyone recommend suggested attire for men & women for this event. I am assuming it may be a bit dressier than casual outdoor concerts. Locarno will be warm at this time I believe but maybe cooler in evenings. I understand if it is raining we will all be in ponchos or rain gear. Hoping someone from Locarno or someone who has attended a more formal concert there will be able to answer. The total seating is 5000 or under I believe.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 18:56:15 #886073

Hi becmcentire,

A new question for me! 🙂

I can’t say for sure as I haven’t been to an outdoor symphony…but I’d lean to semi-formal as the weather allows.

Somewhere between jeans and a tuxedo. 😉 Slacks/dress pants and a collared shirt?

Perhaps someone with first-hand knowledge will chime in!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 May 2018 at 22:31:35 #886074

Plenty of scope there Lucas. 😎

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 22:47:24 #886075

Lol. That’s funny. We didn’t want to offend anyone as the pics I have seen fr recent concerts in early May have the symphony in tux’s & long dresses. Here in the U.S. we are sometimes too casual. Don’t want to show up in ladies dressy attire if everyone else is wearing jeans & tshirts.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 23:14:00 #886076

>> Attending Ennio Morricone concert June 20 in Locarno’s Piazza Grande. He will be performing with the Rome symphony & choir. Can anyone recommend suggested attire for men & women for this event.

Here is a link to a photo of the audience at an Andrea Bocelli concert in Piazza Grande. That would be similar in terms of dress standard I would imagine.

http://www.bocelli.de/images/ live/konzert/2014/1406 07Locarno05.jpg

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 0:34:23 #886077

Thanks so much everyone!

• The thread ‘Attire outdoor symphony Locarno Piazza Grande’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.