Attire outdoor symphony Locarno Piazza Grande

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
May 22, 2018 - 8:07 PM

Attending Ennio Morricone concert June 20 in Locarno's Piazza Grande. He will be performing with the Rome symphony & choir. Can anyone recommend suggested attire for men & women for this event. I am assuming it may be a bit dressier than casual outdoor concerts. Locarno will be warm at this time I believe but maybe cooler in evenings. I understand if it is raining we will all be in ponchos or rain gear. Hoping someone from Locarno or someone who has attended a more formal concert there will be able to answer. The total seating is 5000 or under I believe.

Lucas
Lucas
9215 posts
expert &
May 23, 2018 - 6:56 PM in reply to becmcentire

Hi becmcentire,

A new question for me! :)

I can't say for sure as I haven't been to an outdoor symphony...but I'd lean to semi-formal as the weather allows.

Somewhere between jeans and a tuxedo. ;) Slacks/dress pants and a collared shirt?

Perhaps someone with first-hand knowledge will chime in!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3973 posts
expert
May 23, 2018 - 10:31 PM in reply to Lucas

Plenty of scope there Lucas. 😎

becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
May 23, 2018 - 10:47 PM in reply to Lucas

Lol. That’s funny. We didn’t want to offend anyone as the pics I have seen fr recent concerts in early May have the symphony in tux’s & long dresses. Here in the U.S. we are sometimes too casual. Don’t want to show up in ladies dressy attire if everyone else is wearing jeans & tshirts.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 23, 2018 - 11:14 PM in reply to becmcentire

>> Attending Ennio Morricone concert June 20 in Locarno's Piazza Grande. He will be performing with the Rome symphony & choir. Can anyone recommend suggested attire for men & women for this event.

Here is a link to a photo of the audience at an Andrea Bocelli concert in Piazza Grande. That would be similar in terms of dress standard I would imagine.

www.bocelli.de/images/ live/konzert/2014/1406 07Locarno05.jpg

Alpenrose

becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
May 24, 2018 - 12:34 AM in reply to Removed user

Thanks so much everyone!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018