Opening times of attractions & museums Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 4:50:06 #821505

We are a huge group of 14 members (08 Adults & 06 Kids) vacationing in Switzerland from 16th May 2019 to 27th May 2019. We have planned to stay 6 nights in Luzern, 4 nights in Interlaken and Last night in Zurich.

We are mainly interested in Mountain Trips, Boat Trips, City tours and Museums etc. We are not mainly focusing an Snow fun etc related activities, trekking, hiking, Culinary tours, Sports.

There will be two Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Mondays during our visit.

I have seen some attractions are closed on Monday (Red Cross Museum, Geneva) and some area closed on Sunday (MOCROCOSM, Geneva).

Are there some Swiss holidays between 16th May 2019 to 27th May 2019?

From where I can get all these information at one spot.

Kindly guide and extend support.

Thank you

Brijeshkumar

India.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 5:34:57 #911834

Hi Brijesh,

Almost each attraction / city / mountain etc has a website of its own.

Its best to check for their working days on their website. I did the same and for specific questions I wrote to the email id of those places and I got a response fairly quickly.

Thanks

Rohan

Luke
    Participant
    105 posts
    7 May 2019 at 7:01:48 #911835

Hi Brijeshkumar,

Yes, their website will tell you – many shops, museums etc are closed on Sundays. Mountains and boat cruises would be operating every day. YOu can use the timetable to find schedules to any mountain or town etc. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Google Swiss holidays and you’ll find details for that.

For general ideas on what you can do in Switzerland look here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 8:13:49 #911836

Hi Brijeshkumar and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

As a general rule you can say that in Switzerland Monday is museums-Sunday. But as said you would have to find out individually.

Mountains and other natural destinations are normally open Monday to Sunday, sometimes with a slightly less frequent connection, but open.

To find out about travel on specific days use the timetable. Make sure you read how it works to benefit fully from it.

I don’t thinks there is any holiday during the time you mention.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Opening times of attractions & museums Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.