August in Swiss where to touch snow?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2014 at 7:17:12 #806523

Hi all,

We will be going to swiss next month and will be staying at Lenk…

I have my aged paretns with me and they never saw snow in their life..

Wanted to give them that experience..

We have an 8 month old baby and both parents are not able to walk much… so here comes my question

Where can I take them to jst show them snow and let them touch it..

People suggested Zermat or Jungfrau… but it sounds ver long and tiring (for them) train (and costly !).. mountain car.. walk etc.. and baby in altitude is not good either…

So if you have suggestions for us to touch snow the most easily and lowest alititude please?That wloud be very helpfull for us…

Thank you in advance !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 July 2014 at 16:29:01 #840684

Hi dedero,

In Summer, snow can only be found on the highest peaks, like the Jungfraujoch, Klein Matterhorn and Titlis. There are many more places where snow is possible but not guaranteed, like the Corvatsch (not near Lenk) for example. Near Lenk, about 2 hours of traveling, you can go to Glacier 3000. There may be just a bit of snow, or lots of it, but that depends on the weather in the weeks or even days before.

But, like you said, one needs to be careful with infants. You’d better check with your doctor whether a short stay at such an altitude is safe or not. More information is on the pages I linked to.

I hope that Glacier 3000 will be an option for you. It’s very special to experience snow in Summer.

• The thread ‘August in Swiss where to touch snow?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.