Available, clean and pleasant: SBB’s toilets

• Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    12 August 2017 at 6:53:04 #812928

There was recently a rather negative posting in this forum about the cleanliness of toilets on Swiss trains. I had found an article in French about this topic and promised to see if I could find an English version. Since that thread was closed I am starting this one. Sure enough, there is an English version, and here is the link to that article: company.sbb.ch/en/the-company/responsibility -society-environment/environmen t/waste/sbb-toilets.html

Sections in this “Toilet Facts” are as follows: General Information, How many toilets does SBB have in total ?, How often are the toilets cleaned ?, How much does SBB invest in cleaning ?, Who reports faulty toilets ?, and Why install highly sophisticated toilets despite technical problems ?. Each of these sections has a drop down menu giving the reader answers to the various questions posed. This article shows how committed the SBB is to this cleanliness of their toilets and also to the proper treatment of wastes.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 August 2017 at 11:02:59 #868231

Hi Peterli,

All perspectives are welcome here, negative and positive, so thank you for this one! It’s interesting that there’s even a QR code in each toilet to report issues.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 August 2017 at 22:17:26 #868232

<<“All perspectives are welcome here, negative and positive, so thank you for this one! It’s interesting that there’s even a QR code in each toilet to report issues.”>>

I’ve tended to see a few problems on regional trains, where the “Lok-Fuhrer” (engine driver) is supposed to report problems. They really don’t see the insides of the trains, unless they inspect at terminal stations.

And, it is extremly rare to have a ticket inspector on thos trains. An example is the Bieler Füss line local trains.

I’ll use that QR code next time. Maybe there will be no next time. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Available, clean and pleasant: SBB’s toilets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.