Avoiding cablecar on the 5 lake walk Zermatt

Avoiding cablecar on the 5 lake walk Zermatt

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
twiggy321
twiggy321
90 posts
Jan 18, 2017 - 6:28 PM

Hi all

I hope somebody could help me out

i will be arriving in Zermatt mid morning and wish to do the 5 lake hike. in previous posts it states that this is done by taking the funnicular to Sunnegga and than a cable car

My question is my husband doesnt like cable cars and therefore can this bit be avoided.

Also is this covered by the Swiss Travel Pass as i cant find any info to tell me this.

Many thanks in advance.

Arno
Arno
9645 posts
expert &
Jan 19, 2017 - 2:36 PM in reply to twiggy321

Hi twiggy321,

You'd normally start the hike from Sunnegga, which can be reached by the underground funicular. The hike ends at Blauherd. There is a cable car back down to Sunnegga from there. Alternatively you can walk back. I think there is a wide easy service road as well as a more scenic mountain trail. I would estimate walking back takes about an hour. More details and a map can be found here.

What's included in the Swiss Travel Pass can be found on the coverage map. From the top of my mind this trip is 50% discounted.

Have fun!

twiggy321
twiggy321
90 posts
Jan 19, 2017 - 3:08 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno

As always your information and knowledge is priceless

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017