Awesome Swiss trip, July 2018, based in Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2018 at 15:18:10 #817710

Hello All

We (myself, wife, Kids 13 and 10) visited Switzerland in Jul2018. Following was our trip completion:

1) Our base was at Basel with my cousin. Although it was far from major places, due to the wonderful swiss rail, bus and boat system, it was no issue.

2) Got 8 day Swiss Travel Pass, FLEX. This is the best thing to get in swiss. Made our each penny worth using the STP. This included the best system ever. Rail, bus, boat, local trams and discounts on cable cars. Saved lot of money and time. No hassle to buy tickets or wait.

3) Day 1: Mt. Titlis: Beautiful place.

4) Day 2: Mt. Pilatus; Amazing Steep train experience. Did Luzern (chappel bridge etc). (used the golden trip to go to Pilatus, boat view was mesmerizing)

5) day 3: Fluelen to Lugano in Gothard Panorama express (converted into first class for a day). Amazing views and great service. We went to Milan from Lugano which was only 16 CHF total for all 4 (discount due to STP).

6) We did Italy and Paris and then came back.

7) Day 4: Schiltorn from Murren and coming was different route. A beauty to visit this place. Due to STP the cable cars were free.

8) Day 5: Glacier Express from Chur to Brig. Did interlaken.

9) day 6: Zermatt (gornergrat). Again another beauty to experience with lake view, bridges).

10) 2 additional days was to go and come from the airport on day of arrival and day we left. (also saw basel city, castle, rhine river, bridges etc).

The weather was best on all the days. Clear sky no rains made it really an enjoyment. Swiss as heard, known was far more beautiful. Was very impressed with the beauty, the services, cleanliness. Would love to visit again. Some pictures attached below. Pictures dont make justice to the real beauty.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 6:47:16 #893473

Hi AmitKul,

Thanks for the trip report! Sounds like you had a great trip, which is what we like to hear.:)

By the way, your images didn’t upload properly – probably due to file size as they need to be under 1mb.

Thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 23:27:53 #893474

Hey Amitkul,

Great Post. I am also planning for same first time trip from Interlaken from 15-Aug with kid of 3.5yrs and wife.

Please give some tips/suggestions while doing this trip with kids and about Indian restaurants and all.

Appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Shrinath

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2018 at 21:57:42 #893475

Hello,

i was interested in your thread as I am flying into Basel on a five night trip. I want to travel as much as I can by train before our return to Basel six days later. I just wanted to know what train trips are do- able in our yome

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2018 at 7:05:26 #893476

Hi Siobhanlenno and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’d start a new thread on your questions if you could. http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum

And if you could give more details it would be great. Are you staying in Basel the entire trip or moving around etc. Use the timetable here to plan trips to help get you started: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

• The thread ‘Awesome Swiss trip, July 2018, based in Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.