Multi day hike between Saas Fee and Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 18:14:53 #815877

Hello,

My daughter and I will be in Switzerland in the early July. We plan to do a backpacking trip between Saas Fee and Zermatt. We plan to spend 5 days/4 nights using the huts along the way. We are in average physical condition, had backpacking experience. We are not prepare for crossing glaciers using crampons or technical climb over mountain tops. We can do may be 15 Km a day if the elevation change is not too extreme. I need suggestions on alpine huts and routes.

thanks in advance,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 3:14:34 #884824

Hi ywong91301 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I haven’t been in that area before so can’t give personal advice.

To start, I’d visit the website for the Swiss Alpen Club here: http://www.sac-cas.ch/en.html
    and email some huts for more details and reservations. Also do a search of our website (top right) for hut to hut hikes and Saas Fee hiking etc. You should find some good information.

• The thread ‘Multi day hike between Saas Fee and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.