Baggage service Reichenbach im Kandertal station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2016 at 15:41:36 #809446

Hi all,

In my upcoming trip to Switzerland, I will be travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Kandersteg by train on one of the days. In between I would like to make a stop for Gamchi glacier. However, I am unsure if Reichenbach im Kandertal station has any baggage services to store my luggage. The SBB website doesn’t say anything about baggage services when I searched the station. Does anyone here know? If there isn’t any luggage storage at the station, where else can I store my stuff in the area before I make my trip to Gamchi? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 June 2016 at 23:03:11 #853097

Hy Hyphos-

This is partial answer, and not terribly satisfactory. Sorry, but it can hep you think about it.

If the station is manned, as a courtesy, the staff may be willing to hold your bag(s). These days, many small stations are no longer manned.

Next best- go to the nearest larger station. I did not look in the timetable or on the SBB site, but possibly the main station in Kandersteg might hold luggage….Spiez is a good bet, too. There are a fair number of trains on that route…you might be able to leave luggage at Kandersteg, go to the station you mentioned, and go back for it at Kandersteg after your hike.

Slowpoke

Annika
    7124 posts
    16 June 2016 at 5:11:12 #853098

Hello Hyphos,

Reichenbach im Kandertal is not a manned station and there are no lockers. There are lockers in Spiez, Frutigen and Kandersteg. Also you can send your luggage to Kandersteg: hand it in before 9:00 in Lauterbrunnen and collect it by the end of the day or the next morning. Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 June 2016 at 8:23:05 #853099

Helo Hyphos-

The information in the link provided by Annika is quite thorough.

I have used the luggage transfer services of the SBB frequently. They work well.

More information on which stations have which services available is available on the SBB website:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage.html

Under the section on stations, you can find the services – such as left luggage offices- and equipment – such as lockers – under the appropriate tabs once you have identified a station. For example:

http://www.sbb.ch/content/sbb /en/desktop/bahnhof-services/am-bahnhof/standort/bahnh offinder.posid.7475.ht ml

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Baggage service Reichenbach im Kandertal station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.