Basel Euro Airport Swiss sector from France

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 12:14:12 #815137

Hi All,

I will be travelling to Switzerland from UK on late April – early May. I had a small query regarding my accommodation in Basel. I have booked IBIS AIRPORT BÂLE MULHOUSE which is in SAINT-LOUIS, France for the last day of my trip to catch the early morning Easyjet flight to Edinburgh.However, my check in is from Swiss Sector, I am spending the previous night in France. Will there be any problem in moving from Saint Louis to the Swiss Sector? Are there multiple entries which I need to tell the Ibis shuttle driver.

Thank you as always in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 16:13:06 #880948

Hi sourav271,

There is more than one entrance to the airport but the shuttle bus driver will have no problem taking you to the EasyJet area for departures (or you can walk to the check-in area). Basel airport is fully accessible regardless of where you come from.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 0:39:50 #880949

I use Basel (Euroairport) a lot

There is also a public shuttle bus (cost just 1 Euro* last time I was there…) from St Louis SNCF station to Basel Euroairport. The airport is very compact and thanks to Schengen there is no barrier (just the flags are a different colour) between the French and Swiss sectors – just walk on through!

* but I see it’s now 2.50

macca
    Participant
    16 posts
    6 April 2018 at 0:30:43 #880950

Hi Sourav271

We stayed at the Ibis St Louis on the first night of our trip last September as our EasyJet flight into Basel was late evening. We had to exit the airport via the French section and when you arrive on level 2 it isn’t signposted so we got a bit confused until a very helpful woman on the information desk (level 2) explained. We took a lift to level 3 and simply walked across the hall and we were in the French sector – as 1960Man says it is hardly noticeable. Then we took another lift down to ground level and walked out through a car park to where the free Ibis shuttle bus was waiting. When you get dropped off – you will need to head into the car park and find the lift on the left that takes you up to level 3 where you cross into the Swiss sector. The check in desks are on this same level.

If you are flying into Basel at the start of your trip it might be useful asking at the information desk so you know the lift and floor levels etc. We got the shuttle (book it at reception) back to to the airport the next day and retraced our steps back to the Swiss arrivals section to pick up our hire car . It is only a small airport so although this might sound confusing it isn’t. As far as i am aware the Ibis shuttle only runs to and from the French side but you could ask if there’s a more direct drop off. The Ibis staff were very helpful. The St Louis Ibis is a handy little hotel – simple, clean, comfortable and good value.

Macca

• The thread ‘Basel Euro Airport Swiss sector from France’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.